UN Week in Shkodra Shines a Spotlight on Education and Child Safety with BiblioTech InitiativeNovember 10, 2023
Digital Marketing in ShkodraFebruary 1, 2024
Albania Sustainable Development Organization (ASDO) is proud to announce its win at the prestigious Inspire Awards 2023, where the organization secured the esteemed First Prize for Creativity and Innovation for its groundbreaking BiblioTech Project.
The BiblioTech initiative, a testament to ASDO’s commitment to sustainable development and innovation, was prized for its transformative impact on communities. This recognition stands as a testament to ASDO’s dedication to creating a meaningful change and fostering innovation within Albania and keeping children in the country safe and engaged.
Expressing immense gratitude for the prize, ASDO extends heartfelt appreciation to its team, partners, and the vibrant BiblioTech Youth Community whose unwavering support propelled the project’s success.
Acknowledging the support of key collaborators, namely UNICEF Albania and Smile.al, ASDO highlights their invaluable contribution and expresses gratitude for their role in garnering this incredible recognition.
The organization remains committed to drive innovation, inspire change, and amplify impact within communities and in the spirit of collaboration and progress, ASDO reaffirms its dedication to nurturing innovation and spearheading sustainable development efforts in Albania and beyond.
The BiblioTech Project is implemented by ASDO, with the support of UNICEF Albania through the “Stop Human Trafficking Program” funded by the UK Government, and the support of the Municipality of Shkodra for the BiblioTech Challenge 3.0. Key Objectives of the project are:
- Provide safe and supportive spaces for youth in Tirana, Shkodra and Korça
- Help youth in these cities gain tech and life skills that will help them advance in their future
- Keep youth engaged in Albania and away from human trafficking schemes
- Show positive role-models for youth development in the country
Key Achievements of the program this year:
- 46 Children were part of 2 Tech Camps, one in Shkodra and one in Tirana
- 120 Children participated at the BiblioTech Challenge
- 3 Winning Ideas for each age category (10-12,13-15,16-18)
- 10 Mentors engaged in a 3 Day Challenge